Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jake and T-ball

We have been enjoying a t-ball season with Jake. He has learned a lot. We had games every Tuesday and Saturday, They play two innings, everyone bats then they switch so the other team can bat. Its just right, the kids are 4 and 5 years old. He enjoys it. There have been games with out bursts and angry as well as games full of silly were he stands in the out field spinning the whole time, but he has learned about taking turns "catching" the ball and the how tos for batting, catching and throwing, not to mention were are the bases and what order they get run in. The coaches are great and they get treats after each game, the best part. We also got team pictures and a trophy. So exciting!


I love this picture. Zac took it of Jake running the bases. The other team is pulling a team effort and chasing down the ball.



He is batting in this picture. When he bats he often throws the bat. His coach has been clubbed in the shin, but stands clear now. He has been great with Jake, teaching with positive input and patience especially for a team of nine four and five year olds.

2 comments:

Lee and Diane said...

Those little boys in big shirts are sooo cute. I'm glad he's had fun.

joseph said...

This is so very adorable! I'm glad he is enjoying this, he has that focused enjoyment look on his face running those bases. Thank for sharing. I've got to visit more often, I've been missing things. :-)